Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall is Here!

Today was the perfect Fall day.... Just beautiful. I love this time of year here in Oregon. The air is crisp and clean, and the sun is bright. The leaves are just starting to turn a bit, and acorns litter our driveway.

I have not updated in a while. Sorry! The boys are starting back to school and piano, and are doing well so far. We spent a week in a chalet at Eagle Crest with my parents, and wore them out with swimming and activities. It was nice way to start the school year. We visited the High Desert Museum, and it was fantastic! I will get some pictures up as soon as I can. (having some trouble with my camera software)

Madison is doing great since her surgery in August. Recovery was a breeze, and she is perky and adorable. Her hair is growing very fast, and you can hardly see her incision already. She is sitting perfectly, and we are trying to get her to learn how to lie down and sit up on her own. She uses all the right muscles, but isn't terribly motivated to do it if no one is encouraging her to. We also are having her stand, even though she balances (or not) on her heels, we still want to encourage her to hold her little buttocks in and hold herself erect. She's doing great with this. We go back to the physical therapist next week, so we'll get an assessment again. She gets up on all fours (crawling position) but mainly when she is MAD and crying. Basically, she is very content to sit and watch all the commotion going on around her. I can't blame her, it's pretty entertaining to watch Hannah and Abigail run around and get into things. But, so far, she's meeting her early milestones, and that is a wonderful thing to say the least.

We will be looking at braces for standing some time this fall. We also saw the urologist this week, and her renal ultrasound looked good. We go in next week for another urodynamics study, which will check her bladder pressures and how well she fills and empties the bladder. Her urologist was very optimistic about her appt though, so I'm not really worried.

So, life is going pretty well here in our household. Still working on routines and organization with all these little ones, but slowly it seems to be coming together. When I look back over the last 9 months, I feel like I've been in a bit of a haze, and I'm hoping to feel more "on top" of things as time goes on. Life just seems to run me right now, but I *think I'm getting a grip, Lord willing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Madison Walking 22 1//2 months old! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Madison and Mommy

Madison right before her surgery on August 25th 2009

Madison almost 6 months