Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Up Early...

Well, I don't have much new to report right now, but I am up early and the house is quiet. I figured I better take advantage of it. :)

I read a quote this morning from Dorcus Smucker (a local writer and blogger);

“Often the things we don’t know we need come into our lives without knocking.”

It made me cry, because I've been struggling the last few days with fear and anxiety over what the future holds for us with Madison. But I was encouraged by her words, and I know that whatever comes, it is the Lord's mind for us as a family, and for Madison herself. I need to look past my own selfish desires, and remember that He is in control. A verse read on Sunday during our worship meeting also hit home. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Some versions read the last line "to give you a future, and a hope."

I do have hope, and joy. Life doesn't dish out what we want sometimes. I've been incredibly blessed in my life, in spite of my poor choices at times. I thank the Lord for that.

I'll update again soon. We have appointments today and tomorrow. We did have another ultrasound in Portland on Monday, and her ventricles are stable. We go back for another follow-up in 3 weeks on that issue.

2 comments:

  1. God is showing you just how much He loves you.

    I sure miss you. I am glad to see you later this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you much joy, grace, and wisdom with your family and little Madison in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Madison Walking 22 1//2 months old! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Madison and Mommy

Madison right before her surgery on August 25th 2009

Madison almost 6 months